You’ve probably read my article about the best formula for newborns, but let’s continue. Few decisions will prove to be as important, or as intimidating, as that of choosing which formula to feed your baby. With so many health risks to consider, such as GMOs, chemical additives and even heavy metal content, it is imperative that you feel confident in the safety of your baby’s formula. This article will list three of the top baby formulas for newborns available, displaying their features and benefits in an attempt to help you decide which formula is right for your baby.
Baby’s Only Toddler Formula, Dairy with DHA & ARA, 12.7 Ounce
Baby’s Only Toddler Formula is designed to provide daily nutrition to your toddler, using a dairy based recipe full of the protein, minerals and essential vitamins your little one needs. Additionally, Baby’s Only maintains their commitment to use only those ingredients and production practices that are safe and healthy for your baby, following their Pure 10 Pledge. Features of Baby’s Only Toddler Formula include:
- Hexane free processing. The protein content of this formula does not use hexane, a protein extracting chemical which has been proven a hazardous neurotoxin.
- USDA organic. The ingredients in Baby’s Only Toddler Formula are all organic, avoiding the GMO ingredients used in many other available formulas.
- Health promoting. This formula provides the minerals, essential vitamins and fatty acids that promote your baby’s growth and optimal health.
- Ideal for toddlers. This particular mix of vitamins and nutrients is recommended for children ages 1-3 years.
- Six 12.7 oz containers of milk based formula powder offer a convenient option for moms who need to feed their toddler while on the go.
- Positive feedback. With a 4.7 star rating out of 5, from 140 reviews, this product has received positive feedback thus far.
In addition to the healthy ingredients in their formula, Baby’s Only promotes a healthy philosophy in their Pure 10 Pledge. The fundamentals of this philosophy include:
- The use of independent analytical labs for product testing.
- The promise to never compromise nutritional quality.
- The rejection of GMOs and other controversial ingredients.
- An increased effort to use organic farms for their source farms.
- A firm stance on Earth, animal and human conscious business practices, placing health and well being over profit motivation.
- The use of environment-friendly packaging.
- An increased promotion of fair trade practices.
Similac Advance Infant Formula with Iron, Powder, One Month Supply 36 Ounces (3 Pack)
Similac Advance Infant Formula is a highly rated baby formula for newborns. The nutrition found in this product closely resembles the nutrition found in breast milk, providing your baby with all the essential vitamins they need for healthy development during their first year. Features of Similac Advance Infant Formula include:
- Developmental nutrition. The nutrition in this formula is designed to help develop your baby’s brain, eyes, bones and immune system in their first year.
- Natural ingredients. Ingredients such as DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E help make this formula the next best thing to breast milk for your baby.
- The prebiotics in Similac Advance help your baby to digest the food in a healthier, more complete way.
- The nucleotide content promotes a robust immune system for your baby.
- The calcium content of Similac Advance assists in strong bone development, critical in your baby’s first year.
- Three 36oz packs of milk based powder offer convenience for mothers who need to feed their babies while on the go.
- Trusted name. Similac is the #1 brand of baby formula used in hospitals. Additionally, data studies show Similac to be the #1 brand of baby formula chosen by mothers in the US.
- Positive feedback. With a 4.6 star rating out of 5, from nearly 1000 reviews, you are guaranteed that Similac Advance Infant Formula is a healthy and safe choice for you and your baby.
Enfamil Infant Non-GMO Baby Formula, 20.5 Oz. Tub (Pack of 4)
Another option in trusted baby formula for newborns is Enfamil Infant Non-GMO. This is Enfamil’s answer to the next best thing to breast milk for your baby. With all of the nutrition and supplements necessary for your baby’s health and development, this formula promises to be gentle to your baby’s system, using all natural ingredients. Features of Enfamil’s Infant Non-GMO Baby Formula include:
- Trusted name. You can take comfort in knowing that Enfamil is the #1 brand of baby formula recommended by pediatricians.
- Neuro Complete TM. The ingredients in Enfamil Infant Non-GMO are designed to promote healthy brain development. The choline, iron and DHA are clinically proven to nourish your baby’s growing brain.
- Non-GMO. The use of all natural ingredients makes Enfamil Infant Non-GMO an excellent choice for mothers who are eager to avoid chemicals and other controversial ingredients in their baby’s formula.
- This particular formula is Enfamil’s next best thing to natural breast milk. It is guaranteed to be gentle on your baby’s digestive system, while providing all the nutrients your child needs during the first 12 months of development.
- The prebiotic content of Enfamil Infant Non-GMO will help boost your baby’s immune system, keeping them strong and healthy during this critical time.
- The four 20oz tubs offer convenience for mothers who need to feed their babies on the go.
- Average feedback. With a 3.9 star rating out of 5, from 42 customer reviews, this product has been well received, although not as well as Similac’s newborn formula.
As mentioned before, choosing the right baby formula for your baby is as critical a decision as it is an intimidating one. Hopefully the information presented in this article will help make the decision an easier one. While Baby’s Only offers all the nutrition needed for a toddler between 1-3 years of age, Similac and Enfamil provide formulas highly recommended for your newborn during their first 12 months.